An unforgettable tour through the Arab-Norman Unesco sites of Palermo, Monreale and Cefalù.
The itinerary starts in Palermo – that since 2015 is part of the prestigious World Heritage List – visiting Palazzo Reale (Norman Palace) and the Palatine Chapel, considered as the most important artistic treasure of Palermo.
With its Greek-Byzantine mosaics made in 1140 you will admire the most extraordinary and precious artistic expression of Medieval Sicily.
From the Albergheria, the oldest district of Palermo, you will move to another old neighbour, Il Capo – known for its network of narrow streets. This is the area where the Cathedral is located, maybe one of the most impressive and significant expression of the Arab-Norman style that characterizes the city. The Cathedral preserves the ancient Norman treasures, including the precious crown of Costanza d’Aragona, wife of Federico II of Swabia (optional visit).
Before leaving the cathedral, do not miss a look at the area dedicated to the Tombs of the Kings: Ruggero II and Federico II of Swabia.
The tour continues towards Monreale to visit the most significant monumental complex in Sicily.
As first thing, our guide will lead you inside the Cathedral to show you the largest mosaics cycle of the medieval world, with an area of over 6400 square meters of decoration
The final leg of the tour is dedicated to the splendid Cathedral of Cefalù, founded by King Ruggero II in 1131: according to the legend, the king decided to build the church after being saved from a terrible storm during ship voyage from Salerno to Palermo.
The tour includes the return back to Palermo.
If you are a history-lover, then, do not miss this exception Medieval Italy experience: discover the hidden secrets of Medieval Sicily’s culture as never done before!
- Full-day tour through the Arab-Norman Sicily
- The Unesco sites of Palermo, Monreale and Cefalù
- Private Mercedes Minivan
- Professional guide (4 languages available)
- entrance tickets
- Palermo, with pick up service available from the hotel/accommodation
- Full day
- the price of 139€ is guaranteed with a minimum of 6 people
- the booking is subject to availability; once the request is sent, the Booking Office will reply within 24hrs with a confirmation email
- the tour can be arranged also for less than 6 participants paying an extra fee to be quoted upon
- the cost includes the entrance tickets to Palatine Chapel, Tombs of Palermo Cathedral and Cefalù Cathedral. The entrance tickets to the Cloister and the Roano Chapel in Monreale Cathedral are not included