San Leo, suspended on a limestone block, rises imposingly on the Valmarecchia.
This strategic position made it particularly attractive between the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, when the powerful families of the time – from the Malatesta to the Montefeltro, from the Medici to the Della Rovere – made war one against the other, trying to establish themselves definitively in the Italian political landscape.
Moreover, San Leo has been also the theatre of stories and events of great personalities of the past.
San Leo still remembers the hermit Leone, who founded the local Christian community during the IV century; Saint Francesco, who obtained Monte della Verna here; Dante Aligheri, who mentioned San Leo in his Divine Comedy; Cagliostro, alchemist and adventurer imprisoned in the Fortress in the XVIII century.
The tour will cover all the symbolic places of this fascinating small town: the two spectacular Churches – the IX century Pieve and the Cathedral of San Leone -, Piazza Dante Alighieri and the unmissable, imposing Fortress.
- Guided tour in the heart of San Leo, excellent medieval destination
- Visit at Cagliostro Fortress (entrance ticket not included)
- San Leo
- 3 hours
- the price of 35€ is for a group of minimum 4 people
- the tour is available also for groups with less than 4 participants. For a quotation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- the Fortress entrance tickets are not included. The ticket can be paid directly to the guide (9€ per person)