The old town of Gradara is suurrounded by walls long 700 meters and enriched by 14 towers. A portion of the city walls is open and practical on foot in about 15 minutes. Thanks to this special experience, you’ll walk along the castel walkways together with a professional guide wearing historical clothes: from the top of the walls, you’ll overlook the surrounding landscape, from the sea to the hills of the Montefeltro.
The visit will then proceed with the suggestive Malatestian Rocca, a jewel among the Renaissance fortresses. The elegant rooms and the precious furniture keep the memory of one of the most poignant and touching love story of Italian literature: the tragedy of Paolo and Francesca, the passionate story that inspired Dante Alighieri in the eternal verses of his Inferno (Canto V).
- Themed visit with a guide wearing historical clothes
- Tickets for the Rocca and Castle Walkways
Castello di Gradara
Piazza V Novembre 1 – 61012 Gradara (PU)
- 1 hour and 30 min
- We regret to inform that the visit is not appropriate for people with motor disabilities
- The visit is guaranteed in case of rain
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Supplement for English, Spanish and German-speaking guide: €30 per visit