Even if Italian cuisine has no more secrets for most of the cooking-lovers, some ingredients still have more to say!
Among these ingredients, the saffron is certainly one of the most important: now well-known spice, it was cultivated in Italy since the Middle-Ages.
In San Gimignano the cultivation is attested since 1200 and still today represents a very important DOP production.
At the farm “Il Vecchio Maneggio”, nestled in the rolling Tuscan hills, you will have the opportunity to learn the secrets of this spice trying to prepare 4 types of hand-made pasta: gnocchi, tagliatelle, pici and ravioli.
At the end of the lesson, all the participants are invited to stay for lunch or dinner, tasting the pasta made during the class, a typical dessert and two local wines.
This is definitely an unmissable, funny activity that takes us back to the origins of home traditions thanks to a full immersion into tastes and flavors of the past, in the evocative scenery of the hills surrounding San Gimignano.
- 1 cooking class of 4 types of home-made pasta: gnocchi, tagliatelle, ravioli and pici
- 1 lunch or dinner with the pasta prepared during the lesson with 4 different sauces, a dessert, two wines (Chianti DOCG and a white wine produced by the farm)
- Azienda Agricola Agriturismo “Il Vecchio Maneggio”
Loc. Sant’Andrea 22 – San Gimignano
- 10:30 am or 4:30 pm
- approx. 4 hours
- The activity is not available on January, February and during the weekend
- Please advise in case of food allergies or intolerances
- An advance booking of minimum 5 days is required