Enjoy a suggestive banquet at Abbadia Isola, a medieval building founded in 1001 DC by Ava, a noble woman from Siena. The Abby, located right outside the famous castle of Monteriggioni, still preserves its charm and it will extraordinarily open its doors to a unique event: the Medieval New Year’s in Monteriggioni.
Inside the Abbey, a real historical banquet will take place on December 31st, richly animated by jugglers, jesters, magicians and fire-eaters. For one night, the magical atmosphere of the Middle-Ages will come to life one more time for all the participants who will have the chance to live history as real protagonists wearing original medieval clothes, available on hire for a real dive into the past!
The menu, inspired to old recipes, will delight the palate of adults and children in a succession of unforgettable flavours, interspersed with performances and shows.
An exceptional New Year’s Eve to wait for the arrival of the New Year… in a very original and funny way!
- Authentic medieval banquet
- Traditional recipes
- Jugglers and musicians performances
- Medieval musical instruments
- Medieval clothes hire (recommended)
- Abbadia a Isola
- 3 – 5 hours
- the medieval clothes hire has an additional cost of € 15 per piece. For further information about models and sizes available, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +39 02 87199 507
- please advise in case of food allergies and intolerances
Aphrodisiac breads: crostoni with spinach and almonds
Ploughmen’s flavours: millet polenta with lard, broad beans and tarragon
From the Garden’s Master: black cabbage soup with lard and pecorino cheese
From the Garden’s Servant: spelled soup of the pilgrim
Lombard style: pork chunks with honey and sour wine
From the East: pear tart with cinnamon and cream
Chestnuts and honey
Note: please advise in case of food allergies and intolerances.